Videos about Living Stones

segunda-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2011

Cajuiero Claro

Living Stones is working on programs in two different towns in Northeast Brazil: Paudalho, and Cajueiro Claro. Here is the Cajueiro Claro story, with (translated) quotes from Flavio, who heads up the program:
“You (Rachel) asked me so many times to come see the Living Stones project at the church just up the hill from my house (in Paudalho)—but I never found the time to go. Now, I walk over half an hour each way to help with a Living Stones program myself.”
Last year, Flavio began a half day (2-4pm) Living Stones program in Cajueiro Claro. He walks 4km each way to enter this little town of about 1000 people. To go to school, the children of this town have to walk at least 3km for any education or hope for a better life.
In 2005, World Renewal Brazil was given a church in Cajueiro Claro. A ministry group from a nearby town would go every Sunday to have services. This ministry made a big difference in the community, but without someone to head up the ministry and keep it going, it slowly faded. Flavio, besides the Living Stones program throughout the week, opens the church for a Friday night service to the community.
Flavio continued reflecting on the change in his life last year: “I couldn’t understand you (Rachel), coming from the other side of the world to love these kids who are not yours. I would watch you, as you passed my house every day, to go to the program. Now I understand. I have no children of my own, but that really, over 25 children are mine. This ministry is close to my heart, and a great way to plant churches as well.”
Flavio’s personal goal is to plant 20 churches in his lifetime, working closely with Living Stones. He has begun his own blog about the ministry in Cajueiro Claro, and even if you don’t speak Portuguese, you can understand the pictures of these beautiful children: http://nrrestauracao.blogspot.com/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário